News / Publications
Dr. Mash and the University of Miami Brain Endowment Bank™ were also featured by The New York Times Green Blog, Scientific American, ALZFORUM, National Geographic Magazine, the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, The Miami Herald’s Tropical Life, South Florida Hospital News, Medical Xpress, Florida Today and other print and media outlets.
If you are interested in scheduling an interview or a guest appearance with Dr. Mash, please contact us at 305-243-6219 (1-800-UM BRAIN) or via our online contact form.
- Los Angeles Times: Toxins from algal blooms may cause Alzheimer’s-like brain changes
- Florida Today: Brain-tangling algae lurks in Florida waters
- CBS News: Algae bloom toxin linked to Alzheimer’s, other diseases
- National Disease Research Interchange: Research NEXUS
- Science Care Blog: The Human Brain – The Next Biological Frontier
- PatientsLikeMe: Talking brain donation with Dr. Deborah Mash
- Science Care: We Have Science on the Brain!
- Life Legacy Foundation: Collaboration Strives to Promote Brain Research After Death
- Scientific American: Fin (the End)/Putting a Stop to the Consumption of Shark Fin Soup
- ALZFORUM: Brain Banks for Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s Remain Underused
- ALZFORUM: Europe Leads the Way Towards Standardization and Brain Bank Networks
- The Miami Herald: UM’s Brain Endowment Bank is looking for donors to help science
- The Doctors (TV SHOW): Would You Donate Your Brain for Research?
- CNN Online (VIDEO): Lab may hold secret to Alzheimer’s cure
- CBS4 (VIDEO): UM Becoming Major Player in Brain Research
- Florida Trend, Brain Trust
- Medical Xpress, Diet’s impact on Alzheimer’s dementia tested
- University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, UM Brain Endowment Bank Receives NIH Contract to Establish National Brain Tissue Biorepository-
- CBS4 Miami (VIDEO), Focus on South Florida: Brain Banks